The signature water quality and clarity of Lake George has shown measurable declines for more than 30 years due, in part, to nutrient loading from outdated and insufficient municipal and onsite wastewater treatment systems. The Town of Lake George and The FUND are leading a concerted strategy to improve wastewater treatment throughout the basin and protect Lake George.
Please join us! This day-long program is free to attend and designed for wastewater treatment professionals, municipal officials, and contractors in the Lake George region. Practical solutions for onsite wastewater treatment that ensure Lake health—including latest research, technologies, systems, maintenance, matching grants, case studies, and more—will be featured. Continuing education credits are available for licensed professionals.
Complimentary light breakfast and lunch are provided for registered attendees.
The 1st Annual Septic Summit is made possible by the generosity of our event sponsors including: The FUND for Lake George, the Town of Lake George, Anua International, Clarus Environmental, Eljen Corporation, Presby Environmental, Six Flags Great Escape Lodge, BUSSE, Cedarwood Engineering, The Chazen Companies, Filtrexx, and Orenco Systems Inc. Additional sponsorship opportunities are available—please click here for more details.
As of 2/03/2017
- Dennis Dickinson, Town of Lake George Supervisor
INTRODUCTORY REMARKS (8:35-8:45)
- Tom West, Esq. – Assembly Point resident
- Chris Navitsky – Lake George Waterkeeper
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: (8:45-9:20)
- Policies and Partnership for Long Term Wastewater Management - Dave Warne – Assistant Commissioner, New York City Department of Environmental Protection
- Septic System Indicators – Laurel Schaider, PhD, Silent Spring Institute
- Algae and Biomonitoring Indicating Organic Pollution – Corrina Parnapy, Winooski Natural Resources Conservation District
BREAK (10:20 -10:50)
REGULATORY/MANAGEMENT (10:50-12:00 noon)
- Projects and Research - George Heufelder, Massachusetts Alternative Septic System Test Center
- Lake George Septic Initiative Program – Dan Barusch, Director of Planning, Town of Lake George; Paul Cummings, Chazen Companies
PRODUCT SOLUTIONS (1:00 -3:00)
CASE STUDIES (3:30-4:15)
- Otsego Lake Case Study – Win McIntyre,
- North Queensbury Wastewater Disposal District No. 1 (Dunhams Bay) – Dunhams Bay Advisory Committee
CLOSING REMARKS - Future of Wastewater Management in the Lake George Watershed